2014 SXSW V2Venture: Entry Deadline Is Friday, April 11th, 2014
Take advantage of the opportunity to showcase your emerging technology product or service in front of industry leaders by participating in the 2014 SXSW V2Venture. This event takes place on July 15 and 16 as a part of the SXSW V2V Event, during which you can improve your product launch, attract venture capitalists, polish your elevator pitch, receive media exposure, build brand awareness, network, socialize and experience all that SXSW V2V has to offer. The deadline to register is Friday April 11th, 2014, so visit http://sxswv2v.com/v2venture to enter today.
SXSW V2V is the newest addition to the SXSW family of events, joining SXSW Music, SXSW Interactive, SXSW Film, SXSWedu and SXSW Eco. SXSW V2V is an extension and re-imagining of the legendary SXSW experience with an emphasis on the creative spark that drives entrepreneurial innovation. This four day event brings the startup and venture capital communities together with the creative industries that have helped to make SXSW so special. V2V serves innovators and entrepreneurs from across all the industries at the core of the SXSW Family of events – technology, music, film, fashion, health, education, sustainability, and more – as they learn the skills, make the connections, and find the inspiration to take their ideas and talents to the next level.
Join us for this excitement-packed, four-day event from Sunday, July 13, 2014 through Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Healthcare Innovation: How can patients, providers, and entrepreneurs help?
The healthcare industry represents nearly a fifth of U.S. GDP and it is going through a period of dramatic transformation. Patients expect more and the healthcare system needs to deliver. Entrepreneurs are filling in the gaps but carving out a niche in this complex landscape isn’t easy. How can patients and healthcare providers help ignite healthcare innovation and entrepreneurship? In this Stanford Medicine X special event, you will learn about new opportunities and gain some practical insight from ePatient scholars, industry leaders, and groundbreaking innovators.
For more thoughts, check out the video below featuring James Hereford, COO of Stanford University Hospital & Clinics, on healthcare innovation and Medicine X
Health 2.0 Fall Conference 2014
We’re back in Santa Clara on September 21-24, 2014 and once again bringing together the best and brightest speakers, newest product demos, and top networking opportunities for the most unique event in health care technology.
With over 80 speakers, 30 engaging panels, workshops, thought-provoking discussions, and 150 LIVE product demos, the most innovative health tech breakthroughs will be showcased on the Health 2.0 stage. In addition to sessions on Patient Engagement, the Data Utility Layer, Wearables, and The New Marketplace, attendee favorites 3 CEOs, The Unmentionables, and Launch! are back this September 21-24 in Santa Clara, CA.
Things to avoid at Health 2.0 this Fall:
- Sharing a hotel room with your Co-Founder and interns! Book your hotel early and get our exclusive Santa Clara Hyatt Room block rate. Book here!
- Not giving your company the traction and visibility it deserves. Patrick Ryan can help you find the sponsorship or exhibitor level that give you the best bite for your buck.
- Not Attending! If you are feeling a financial pinch we have a couple of options. Join our Bootstrapped BaseCamp and have access to the sessions and space on the exhibit floor and/or apply for the start-up rate here.
Most Promising Midwest Startup
- Less than two years in operation;
- Less than $150,000 in capital raised;
- Businesses in digital technology, biosciences, or ag-tech spaces.
- Using the outlined criteria above, nominate your choice for Most Promising;
- A Startup Voodoo panel of judges will cull each city’s nominations down to a Top 5 Most Promising Startups;
- In mid-August, Startup Voodoo will present the top Midwestern startups by city and you can vote for the Most Promising;
- On Sept. 25 at Startup Voodoo in St. Louis, the winning startups from each city will be announced and the Top 3 will pitch their case to the Startup Voodoo panel of judges during the conference;
- Just prior to the afternoon keynote, Startup Voodoo’s Most Promising 2014 will be named and awarded $5,000.
TOTAL OF 20 DEALS CLOSED | $35 MILLION RAISED
AT PAST CAPITAL UNCONFERENCES
Pre-Screened Early And Growth Stage Companies Matched Based On Investor Profiles
Meet Face-To Face For 30 Minutes With Each Investor And Entrepreneur
Engage Rising Stars Of Growth-Stage Companies Nationwide
Strategic Partnerships To Help Launch Businesses To The Next Level
Four Investment Tracks Ranging From <$500K Through $5M+
MedCity ENGAGE is an executive-level event where the industry’s brightest minds and leading organizations discuss best-in-class approaches to advance patient engagement and healthcare delivery.
ENGAGE is the one place that gets the entire ecosystem together to best understand the patient and consumer engagement trends that sit at the core of healthcare innovation and reform. You’ll hear from payers, providers, policymakers, health IT and beyond; we’ve gathered together the most innovative thinking to best understand the patient and consumer engagement trends that sit at the core of healthcare innovation.
AT ENGAGE YOU WILL GET:
- A better understanding of the current care environment and the major policy and market drivers behind care innovation
- Perspectives from federal policy leaders on future government support of patient engagement
- Perspectives from health leaders on the business case for exceptional patient engagement
- Insight from engagement experts from a variety of different fields and how to apply those principles to healthcare
- Access to innovators “in the trenches” and demonstrations of the latest technology platforms to communicate with and encourage patient behavior